Patient Advocate (Customer Support & Operations)
We started Phil with the simple conviction that the medications we take should improve our sense of wellbeing. In other words, we should not have to suffer through an inconvenient, stressful and archaic experience to ensure a consistent supply of our medications. As folks who take recurring prescriptions ourselves, we decided to do something about it: we started Phil.
Perhaps as important to our individual wellbeing is the need for community wellbeing; which is why Phil partners with top-rated, locally-owned, community pharmacies who pride themselves in caring for their customers. We are simply honored to help you with this essential part of your wellbeing - please do reach out and tell us how we can get better at it.
Phil has several openings for enthusiastic and driven individuals to join our Patient Advocate team in San Francisco.
The Patient Advocate team is responsible for the success of each and every patient that touches Phil's platform. Each individual on the team is an expert in Phil's service and platform, and relentlessly pursues process and product changes which ensure a pristine patient experience as our business grows. The team's charter involves a blend of frontline customer support and back-house support operations, requiring successful partnerships with internal teams, like pharmacy and sales, as well as external teams, like prescribers, dispensing pharmacies, and insurance companies.
As a Patient Advocate at Phil, you will be responsible for the success of each and every prescription as it moves through our system, from prescriber to refill.
Some of the daily responsibilities include:
- Resolving inbound patient requests over phone, text, and email
- Partnering with internal and external operational teams to make prescriptions successful
- Assisting patients and providing best practices to support their success on Phil's platform
- Proactively monitoring prescriptions to ensure the speedy and successful delivery to each and every patient
We operate 365 days, between 6am-6pm PST on weekdays and 9am-5pm PST on weekends. This is a full-time, salary role where weekend and holiday availability is required.
- You are a natural problem solver, you understand complex systems simply and you frequently find creative solutions to problems where others are may get stalled
- You are an exceptional communicator, you can explain difficult and nuanced concepts with simplicity and ease, written and verbally
- You are a master of emotional intelligence, you have demonstrated your ability to disarm others in difficult situations and others love working with you
- You are an incredible teammate, your work ethic speaks for itself and you build up others as you solve problems
- Passion for helping people and technology in healthcare
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service over phones, email, or live chat
- Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
- Start up experience is a plus!
We have exceptional compensation and benefits package, including
- Highly competitive salary
- Great health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Beautiful office, just off Union Square in San Francisco
- 10 days of PTO, plus 10 holidays per year